Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Favoritest Movie of 2010 - Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World


Firast off, let me say that I have yet to see a TON of movies that came out in 2010 that I think look great: Black Swan, The Social Network, True Grit, Amer, Animal Kingdom, the list goes on and on. The days of me seeing every current movie I possibly can are over with. Nowadays I usually catch the ones I'm interested in on Netflix, DVD, HBO, cable, etc. If in two months time I watch Black Swan and love it so much that I declare it my new Best Of 2010 movie then so be it. As of this moment, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is my favoritest movie of 2010. I almost can't comprehend how much I adore it. I'll tell you when I really and truly KNOW that I love a movie...It's when, deep down inside, I wish that I'd made the movie. I WISH THAT I MADE SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD.

I love the characters and their respective actors, I love everything that Edgar Wright does behind the camera, I love the music, I love it's kinetic, pulsating, throbbing, tangible energy, I love it's sweetness, I love everything about it. Let me also add that, in my humble opinion, this is the best movie that's been adapted from another source that I've ever seen. If you've read the Scott Pilgrim books then you've pretty much seen the movie, and vice versa. That's not a knock against the movie either because Scott Pilgrim is one of the most entertaining graphic novels ever written. When your source material is that good, why change it? I can't imagine anybody that loved the books not loving this movie. I can't imagine it.

So, there you have it, my favoritest movie of 2010. Even though I saw it in March of 2011. Oh well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

While I agree that it's an awesome movie (also my favorite of 2010), I disagree on the point of how similar the movie and comics were. Ramona comes across as almost a completely different person. She's much colder on the movie. Also, the movie did not have nearly enough Kim Pine.

Zeebava said...

Fritz - Sorry it took so long to respond to this, shows you just how much I check my own blog. Anyway, I agree, the movie did make Ramona colder. It also made Scott warmer. When I read the graphic novel I felt that Scott sometimes came off as a selfish, self-absorbed asshole. The movie toned that back quite a bit.

I also just posted a new article that rescinds my previous pick of Scott Pilgrim as the best movie of 2010. I feel kind of silly doing it but, oh well.